Monday, May 28, 2012

My Final Thoughts on Digital Storytelling

As I think about the last 3 weeks I have gained a better understanding of not only the importance of telling stories but the usefulness of digital storytelling in our everyday lives. While stories have been around for years, they have been passed on in many different ways (orally, visually, written, etc.). I didn't know much about digital storytelling before this class but now that I have finished with everything I can see the important they can be when used within education, health, etc. While I didn't deal with a particularly personal or life changing topic I did find that the process was transformative in the sense that it really helped me to really process my feelings about my appreciation of and frustration with hip-hop...considering this I have really begun to see how instrumental the use of digital stories can be with identity development, etc. I am really excited about the new possibilities that digital stories offer and am looking forward to exploring how they can be used within my personal research and in other areas....

No comments:

Post a Comment